After extensive research and careful consideration of the issues, the Reserve Bank said it had decided to follow through with its proposals announced in November last year.
The decisions are:
the current 50, 20 and 10 cent coins will be made smaller, and of lighter and lower-cost plated steel; and
the 5 cent coin will be taken out of circulation.
The $1 and $2 coins will
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations