Ample liquidity provision by the Bank of Japan has made a significant contribution to securing financial market stability and upholding the economy and prices. For the ample liquidity provision to effectively lead to economic expansion, however, it is deemed necessary to strengthen the transmission mechanism of monetary easing.
The Bank decided the following at today's Monetary Policy Meeting (MPM) of th
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure