"We're not really aware of that. The announcement will be made by the government," a Bank of Canada spokesman said on Friday, after the board of directors met and reportedly discussed governor Gordon Thiessen's replacement.
Senior deputy governor Malcolm Knight is widely believed to be the successor to Thiessen, who will retire at
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré