Blejer, a talented economist and 20-year veteran at the International Monetary Fund in Washington, was brought back to his native Argentina by Domingo Cavallo, the country's former economy chief, to become his adviser in June 2001 reported Friday's Financial Times.
Blejer has known Cavallo for some time
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde