Blanchflower - who has frequently held more dovish views than those of this MPC members - told The Guardian newspaper: "Worrying about inflation at this time seems like fiddling while Rome burns."
His comments contrast with those of the majority of committee members, who are concerned oil, food a
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security