"Given the gradual recovery that we are in, we should take a steady-hand (policy) approach especially when core inflation is only 1.5 percent," Austrian Finance Minister Karl-Heinz Grasser said.
Trichet did not comment himself but financial markets were set on the idea that a rate ris
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs