While the CNB used to act against crown strength it stayed on the sidelines during a recent surge and Niedermayer said the currency's strength could also help put a cap on inflationary pressure which may come with the reviving economy and wages.
He added that inflation so far was in check
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure