Governor Urban Backstrom spoke on Wednesday at a seminar in Halmstad on the topic of "Interest rate policy and economic developments". He talked about monetary policy in a historical perspective and commented on current economic developments and monetary policy.
"The timing of interest rate adjustments and also their pace almost always evokes a discussion, as is only natural and welcome. In the present context I want to
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations