"It is critical that the administration find a top-flight economist who can fill the void that Meyer has left," said Greg Valliere, managing director at Schwab Washington Research.
Meyer, who joined the Fed in 1996 from the helm of a renowned St. Louis forecasting firm, was seen as one of the fe
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says