Nikos Christodoulakis, who chairs the Ecofin council of European Union finance ministers, said if France failed to respect the stability and growth pact it would send a damaging signal to countries waiting to join the euro.
The finance minister of Greece, holder of
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says