In an interview with Rzeczpospolita, a Polish daily, he said: "In the current situation, the most appropriate would be steps (interest rate cuts) by 0.5%."
Poland's central bank cut rates by three-quarters of a point in December taking the cost of borrowing to 5%.
A weak zloty, above-target inflation and relatively heal
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development