There is a move to effect a change of guard at the Reserve Bank of India.
Governor Bimal Jalan, whose current extended tenure ends in October 2004, may be brought in as a member of the Rajya Sabha (in which three vacancies for nominate
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says