Speaking after the ECB defied market expectations by keeping rates unchanged, ECB council member Trichet told French television station LCI that the central bank's priority was maintaining price pressures in check in the medium-term.
"I don't think our decision can be influenced or should be influenced by the
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde