Yoshimura will provide input to the president in strengthening the partnership between the bank and Japan, communications with multilateral development banks, in particular the Asian Development Bank, as well as collaboration with the IMF.
Yoshimura was executive director of the IMF for four years before he accepted his new assignment.
His career with the Japanese minis
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says