Only those with an appetite for risk would bet on Eddie George becoming the next chief of the European Central Bank after current head Wim Duisenberg steps down in July 2003, but Financial Spreads has him at 33-1 odds on.
"People will bet on anything," Financial Spreads' Martin
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says