BOU spokesman Juma Walusimbi was quoted by local press on Thursday as saying that "there was a need for a pro-active financial management system to keep our operations funded at the lowest costs, minimize financial risks associated with foreign exchange transactions and interest rate movements."
The new technology streamlines central bank processes by
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro