The hearing will be Macfarlane's last appearance before the committee after 10 years as governor. Deputy governor Glenn Stevens, who is taking over from Macfarlane will also attend the hearing.
The committee will ask RBA representatives about its recent decision to lift interest rates and future prospects of further rise.
The House economics
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde