In the interview with the Guardian newspaper, Blanchflower said he is "as hawkish as anyone about keeping inflation on target".
He added that his expertise on the labour market means that he has a different view of the level of spare capacity in the economy than some of his MPC colleagues.
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says