'Central bank rates in the euro area are historically low and monetary conditions are generous,' the Bundesbank chief said. Current economic data for the 12 countries that share the euro were 'mixed', justifying the ECB's 'wait-and-see' stance on rates, Weber said.
'We have no bias' with regard to the direction in which interest rates were moving, he said. 'And
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde