Ernst Welteke, council member of the European Central Bank (ECB), said that risks are higher to economic growth than to inflation in 12 EMU countries, where the euro is used, Reuters reported.
His statement suggests that the bank is ready to decrease borrowing costs: the
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations