Williams replaces Ms Dolly Singh who acted in the post until her retirement. He said that another key task ahead would be to ensure that the institutions "we supervise and the elements of the financial systems that are not currently under our supervision, functions effectively and efficiently".
"In other word
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- EBA and ECB hit out at capital hurdles to banking union
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls