In rare good news for euro zone prices, a first estimate of inflation showed a drop to the ECB's self-imposed two-percent ceiling for the first time this year, from 2.4 percent in April.
The data, which come after recent euro gains against the dollar, offered the ECB
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says