Moody's researchers blamed the downgrade, by two notches, on concerns over the government's ability to solve Japan's economic malaise.
"The Japan government's current and anticipated economic policies will be insufficient to prevent continued deterioration in Japan's domestic problems," Moody's said.
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs