"The direction of price moves has gradually been changing globally and that has just begun to be factored into the (domestic) market," Kyodo quoted Fukui as telling the House of Representatives Financial Affairs Committee.
Fukui was commenting on the rise in domestic inter
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes