Virolainen told Central Bank News: "I'm very happy with the appointment. I've been working in the department for a long time and know it fairly well."
Virolainen has worked at the central bank since 1994, heading an office within the department since 1998.
Virolainen will be responsible for maintaining and developing sound, reliable and efficient financial and payment systems. The dep
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market