Hayami, testifying in parliament, reiterated that the BOJ is taking steps to combat deflation but that structural reform measures by the government were also essential.
"The BOJ has been taking drastic steps to try to fight deflation but it's difficult when Japan has various structural problems," Hayam
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes