"We continue to assume that the economy will recover, but we must monitor developments because an upturn in consumer demand is required for the recovery to take place," Tumpel-Gugerell said Friday in a telephone interview with AFP from Vienna.
Tumpel-Gugerell's comments were made afte
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs