According to reports his appointment was approved by the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat but never ratified by parliament.
"The governor of the Palestinian Monetary Authority (the central bank) handed his resignation to Prime Minister Ahmed Qurie who accepted it," said negotiations minister Saeb Erakat who is also a memb
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market