Perng was quoted as saying he had not met with Taiwan's President Chen recently and had not heard anything about a new assignment.
Perng made the remarks in response to a question raised by Taiwan Solidarity Union Legislator Lin Chih-lung about the strength of the rumours that the CBC governor and Finance Minister Lin Chuan are two leading
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says