Jean-Claude Trichet, the president of the European Central Bank (ECB), indicated earlier this month the rate-setting Governing Council was planning on raising rates in July in a bid to dampen inflationary pressures.
Marc Touati, an economist at Global Equities, a financial services company, has set up an online petition at stoptrichet.com in protest against the ECB's
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting