Lavagna said Monday that four independent advisers sent by the International Monetary Fund earlier this month gave their endorsement to the general direction of his economic policy of holding the peso steady and trying to keep inflation down.
"The report of the experts is wholly compatible with the policies we have in pl
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes