Mr Ahluwalia is a Member of the Indian Planning Commission, and of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister of India. Previously he worked as Finance Secretary at the Ministry of Finance of India between 1993 and 1998, and has held a range of senior policy positions within the Indian government. He also worked previously at the World Bank.
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes