The bank's Director for Public Relations, Walugembe Musoke has said that the issue of the Shs 50,000 note has come up, but he would not say when it will be issued.
"For the time being the issue has been raised," he said. "When it's ready, we will say so."
There are currently eleven denominations with the Sh
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes