Officially, there is growing concern at possible weak links and leaks in the plumbing. The risks are high. A breakdown could cause as much economic havoc as a terrorist attack.
The Bank of England says that th
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting