Such a move would be a major shift in policy that some say is needed before Greenspan retires. Currently, the Fed has a dual mandate, set up by Congress, of maximum sustainable economic growth and price stability. But critics say this mandate is open to interpretat
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting