The central bank blamed the deficit on foreign exchange losses resulting from the krone's appreciation.
The krone climbed by 14% against the dollar over the course of 2007.
Foreign reserves are the central bank's main asset with Nkr245.3 billion under management at the end of 2007. The assets of the Norwegian Pension Fund - Global, the country's sovereign wealth fund,
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors