Moreover, this is the second time this year that the Federal Open Market Committee has cut interest rates in between official designated meetings. World stock markets rallied sharply after the annoucement.
The FOMC last cut interest rates at its regular FOMC meeting on Mar 20, 2001. At the time the markets had been hoping for a more
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market