The Labour-dominated Commons Treasury committee voiced its concern about the way the Bank had been left without a deputy governor, "albeit for only a few days" because the chancellor did not name Sir Andrew Large until after David Clementi had departed, the FT reported.
In the sternest criticism of the Treasury since it recommended that th
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank