41 members of the commission elected Miranda, 12 others chose Budi Rochadi while Hartadi Sarwono got only one vote.
Miranda replaces Anwar Nasution as senior deputy governor at the BI.
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB