Cavallo is explaining his strategy for the peso peg and its consequences for Brazilian markets and trade inside the Latin American Memorial in the financial capital of Sao Paulo.
The architect of the Argentine peso's 10-year-old peg to the U.S. dollar, Cavallo has sent to Congress a bill that wou
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes