Rates are still low despite last week's increase, the amount of money sloshing around the economy is "excessively abundant" and ECB monetary policy remains accommodative, Mersch told a news conference.
"We are absolutely open to switch to the 'vig
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank