For several months, the Central Bank of Venezuela has been resisting Mr Chavez's demands that part of the reserves be handed over. The bank's directors say the Constitution forbids the reserves from being used to pay for government spending.
"I don't agree at all that the central ba
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs