The minutes of the meeting revealed that concerns had been growing at the central bank at the time over Japan's slowing economy and falling prices, leading to a decision three weeks later to adopt a radical quantitative easing.
The BOJ's unprecedented move was to combat deflation as well as to pr
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting