Williams told the press conference "the current economic climate makes it likely that the unemployment situation will deteriorate further".
According to the latest figures, 2 200 jobs were lost in the first quarter of 2002, when the unemployment rate rose by one percentage point to
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank