"There will probably be some bank failures," Bernanke told US lawmakers on Thursday 28 February, pinpointing small, newer banks in areas where house prices have plummeted as those at most risk.
However, there were no "serious problems" at the bigger banks, whose failure could pose a systemic threat, the chairman said, adding that their
- RBI’s Acharya: ‘fundamental reform’ to fix transmission
- Slovene governor: draft law would harm bank’s independence
- Central banks should not give impression of ‘complete foresight’
- Fed’s Williams proposes new tools to deal with future crisis
- Norges Bank advises removal of oil and gas stock from government fund