Princeton economist Ben Bernanke, an advocate of explicit targets for acceptable inflation as a way to keep prices in check, and senior Fed staffer Donald Kohn spent less than hour before the Senate Banking Committee answering questions.
Committee Chairman Paul Sarbanes said he hoped the panel co
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says