Sir John announced his decision last night after Alistair Darling, the chancellor of the exchequer, spoke of plans to make financial stability oversight a legal responsibility for the Bank and to set up a Financial Stability Committee at his annual Mansion House speech.
"Once the legislation is in place, building up the new
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations