Sir John announced his decision last night after Alistair Darling, the chancellor of the exchequer, spoke of plans to make financial stability oversight a legal responsibility for the Bank and to set up a Financial Stability Committee at his annual Mansion House speech.
"Once the legislation is in place, building up the new
- RBI’s Acharya: ‘fundamental reform’ to fix transmission
- Slovene governor: draft law would harm bank’s independence
- Central banks should not give impression of ‘complete foresight’
- Fed’s Williams proposes new tools to deal with future crisis
- Norges Bank advises removal of oil and gas stock from government fund