Toshihiko Fukui, in his international debut as governor of Japan's central bank, pledged to fight deflation in a bid to pull the world's second-largest economy out of a 12-year slump.
"I sensed that most participants there showed strong interest
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB