It makes no sense "for Venezuelan society to accumulate foreign currency reserves indefinitely while it faces growing needs," according to Thursday's proposal, which could be discussed by lawmakers next week.
Under the proposed reform of the central bank, officials would determine an "optimum level" of reserves before Aug. 15 each year, with any excess tra
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says