It makes no sense "for Venezuelan society to accumulate foreign currency reserves indefinitely while it faces growing needs," according to Thursday's proposal, which could be discussed by lawmakers next week.
Under the proposed reform of the central bank, officials would determine an "optimum level" of reserves before Aug. 15 each year, with any excess tra
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting