Bundesbank President Ernst Welteke, who also sits on the policy-setting governing council of the European Central Bank, appeared Monday to want to dampen speculation of further rate cuts following the half-point reduction in euro-zone borrowing costs earlier this month.
"In the past half year, we hav
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank